I'm cold. We had a lovely weekend in NYC visiting with some friends, but when we returned home last night at 11pm, we discovered our heat was not working. We put our exhausted children to bed with many many blankets, tried to solve the problem. After calling half a dozen oil service companies, my dad, my sister, and my brother with no help in sight, we bundled ourselves up and went to bed with hats on.
This morning we lit a fire in our fireplace with hopes that would warm us up, but it didn't make much of a dent. And our poor little space heater never had a chance. I have a new appreciation for those who came before and had to live like this all the time through the winter. Hopefully we'll have a nice ending to this story, but for now, be grateful you are (hopefully) warm. On the upside, it turns out I'm terrific at typing with gloves on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Come back to NYC. It's freezing outside, but we're running the air conditioner in the living room to keep the place from getting too hot as we have no control over the heat!
Joanne and Alicia, thanks for the generosity! We finally got our problem fixed today around 2pm. The repairman said something about a bad aquastat, and that's as far as I'll go faking like I know boiler jargon. But I do know that I'm warm now, and very grateful to be so.
I'm so glad this got fixed. I have been worried SICK!!
I can somewhat sympathise with you because I woke up this morning to a rather chilly home and realized my heater was not on! Luckily, it was an easy fix, but unfortunatly, I couldn't do it, so I packed the kids up and left for the day unti it got fixed around 6:00 this evening! I'm grateful we didn't have to go the night, especially since Isaac is just getting over RSV, Eden over croup, and Rob and I over bad colds!
Ooooooh! Pretty blog! I like. I like very much.
I would like the record to show that when Cami called me, I offered my warm, heated bedroom, (with large enough bed for all) to them indefinitely. When she declined, I offered the use of electric blankets, space heaters, my handyman boyfriend, etc. I cheerfully offered to deliver all of the above at midnight but was assured that all was "just fine." I tried to help, but she wouldn't let me.
Yes, Laura, it was very very kind of you to offer all those things. All I meant is that you weren't able to fix my boiler over the phone.
Post a Comment