
Peter and Bryn each came home sporting sunburns. For them, the burns mean pain and itching. For the rest of us, they're a pleasant reminder of our beautiful sunny day at the beach for our annual ward clambake.
We went for a swim and Lance borrowed my swim mask. He came back up with a live sand dollar and a large sea snail on his first "dive." Never mind that my ears turned blue from the cold; we had fun!
Bryn's life-long friend Conor was baptized in the ocean in the morning, we had a real nice clambake at noon complete with dear friends, family and lobstahs (and Laura brought raspberry pie- she wins), and then enjoyed an afternoon on the beach squeezing the last moments of summer from our beach towels.
*A rather long and mostly unrelated note on the bottom center photo [so don't read unless you're really bored]: Yesterday we noticed a new friend's web in our car in the corner of the dash near the steering wheel. Boris the spider lives in a tunnel in the very corner, and it's hard to dimensionally relocate his spirit (aka squash the living daylights out of him) without risking a panicked spider getaway, a panicked screaming driver, the swerving car, and the and-then-there-was-blood-everywhere scenario. So he got to go to the clambake and back with us. He occasionally came up out of his tunnel to enjoy the ride and the view- reminding me of a dog with her jubilant head and tongue thrust happily out into the wind on a ride to the canyon. I hope Boris enjoyed his last day on this earth- tomorrow I'll vacuum him into oblivion.
8 comments:
That picture of Calvin looks like it came straight off a billboard for J. Crew. That handsome devil.
So sorry about the sunburns... I tried to warn Pete that he was getting rosy, but I think it was probably too late at that point.
Also, it has to be said...
It was a real nice clambake.
Looks like fun! I've heard legends of that ward's clambakes. I feel Bryn and Peter's pain...my skin does the same thing. I'll try not to be jealous of you other three. ;)
The vacuum is very humane of you. I opt for the "gas chamber" at my house (a.k.a. spider spray).
Ivy is getting so big! I'm glad you had fun at the clambake.
Looks like a lovely day at the beach. I hope we can come join again sometime. Calvin looks like he has lengthened out in that picture!
This clambake business is right up my alley. I'm just sure of it. Looks like fun was had by all.
And let's be honest, Boris is a lucky, lucky spider. Not all spider get to go to the beach in their lifetimes. I really liked the image you created by describing him as a dog hanging his head out the window.
Boris the Spiderdog. He knew how to live.
May you rest in peace Boris.
We all must meet our vacuum someday. However, if ever a spider had a perfect last day, I would have to say that spider was Boris.
Looks like you all had a good day too...hope you don't get sucked up by a vacuum today.
All I can say is, Cami, you are braver than I. I don't like spiders.
Actually I have more to say...
I'm glad the clambake was fun and sunny. Sorry to hear about the sunburns but at least there was sun. Think of all the rained-out clambakes of years past. Glad you had a good one this year!
Post a Comment