Peter confiscated Calvin's blue plastic bat (he hit his sisters a few too many times) and put it up high where the kids have never been able to reach. We caught him doing this a few minutes later.
I am laughing my butt off at Chris Laughman's comment and also, I love that mom accidentally quoted Cake. Heck, maybe it was on purpose and there are just things you never know about people.
Ha ha. I had to laugh at this because my son loved water and we had to take the tops off the faucets outside due to recurrent problems. We hid them on top of a doorway on a stairway landing and he figured out how to get them down one day by swinging the top of a mop up there and dragging it across the ledge. Smart little buggers, aren't they?
Karen, I think Mom is only familiar with the Doris Day version of that song... just a hunch. I tried to get her into "Going the Distance" and "How do You Afford Your Rock and Roll Lifestyle," but she really isn't into that genre of music, whatever it is...
Man I wish my little darling (ahem) would learn some self reliance skills like that. She usually just screams and cries and calls me names. That's right, she calls me names.
Our fridge is also full of confiscated items used against siblings. My kids haven't learned the lasso technique yet, just the rock climbing technique, which more than not works for them.
"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
15 comments:
Reminds me of a redheaded brother that I have...
I love that he has no idea that you're filming him. Also, he needs to work on his lassoing skills.
Did he tie that slip knot himself or did he just happen to find a lasso lying around somewhere?
Stairway to Heaven sure is good lassoin' music, woo-ee - it's always playin at the dude ranch. No wonder he got so inspired...
Uh-oh...better watch out Cami - the boy is going to teach himself how to lasso like a professional cowboy some day if he keeps that up.
Perhaps we could just teach him not to whap his sisters. Perhaps we could put the bat higher-or locked up. Perhaps...perhaps...perhaps...
I am laughing my butt off at Chris Laughman's comment and also, I love that mom accidentally quoted Cake. Heck, maybe it was on purpose and there are just things you never know about people.
Ha ha. I had to laugh at this because my son loved water and we had to take the tops off the faucets outside due to recurrent problems. We hid them on top of a doorway on a stairway landing and he figured out how to get them down one day by swinging the top of a mop up there and dragging it across the ledge. Smart little buggers, aren't they?
My adoration of Calvin just doubled.
What's Cake, Karen? Do I want to know?
Karen, I think Mom is only familiar with the Doris Day version of that song... just a hunch. I tried to get her into "Going the Distance" and "How do You Afford Your Rock and Roll Lifestyle," but she really isn't into that genre of music, whatever it is...
LOL - I love it! Inventive...
Man I wish my little darling (ahem) would learn some self reliance skills like that. She usually just screams and cries and calls me names. That's right, she calls me names.
Our fridge is also full of confiscated items used against siblings. My kids haven't learned the lasso technique yet, just the rock climbing technique, which more than not works for them.
This is completely absolutely hilarious.....
Post a Comment