Monday, October 5, 2009

Dibs

PSA: Calvin has officially called dibs on every heavy construction piece of machinery ever created. As we drive, if he sees anything remotely machine-like, he says, "And I'm going to have that one when I grow up, too."

Today I asked him if he would build me a pool and he said, "Oh mom, you know I totally like to build people pools." I'm glad that's settled.

Now before you contract him for all your handy-boy projects, please know that he intends to keep using this plastic tool set to build with, even when he grows up.

4 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

I like that he's learned how to incorporate the word "totally" into his vocabulary. Or was that added by you as emphasis? :)

Ah...steel is overrated...and produced and imported from China now anyway. I say "keep with the American made plastic Calvin."

David said...

I love his attitude!

Karen said...

Oh dear. There is going to be a big ol' cousin rivalry b/c Eli's not going to like the whole confiscation of the large vehicles on Earth situation.

Laura said...

I will have a pool, too. And a playhut, and it would be ever so lovely if he could use his combine to help me harvest every fall.