Friday, October 23, 2009

A Tail of Two Critters

A few people have remarked that Calvin and Ivy have the same face, but it's hard for me to see past the bright orange and dark brown hair. In order to take a more scientific approach, we have eliminated the confounding clothing, age, and hair variables and present the following two graduates of Bovine University for further evaluation:
Calvin in 2006
Ivy in 2009


You be the judge.

12 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

They both make cute cows! It is amazing how much they look alike. I also see a lot of Bryn in Ivy. Cute kids!

ellen said...

Ivy might not be happy with the hand-me-down costume when she figures things out.

Laura said...

I'm with you - I don't really see it, but I do think those are the two most adorable cows to ever graduate from Bovine University. Also, I'm astonished to see a picture of Calving looking almost, well... chubby. Could it be? Was it so?

David said...

They both have their own faces. That is good!

Jill said...

Nope, two very distinct individuals....er,I mean, cows.

Karen said...

Moo. Were you out on the deck that night at Peter's cabin? I think you weren't b/c I wasn't married yet so I was banished to sleep outside on the deck with the kids. There were also several cows in attendance with us that night and Felisha, (trev's girlfriends 3 year old daughter at the time) was pretty much delighted about that. Ask Laura.

Um, what was I saying? Oh yes, I like those two cows of yours and think they have some similarities and some definite differences. Mostly, I like the way this scientific experiment was conducted. You know, limiting all the variables and such. So professional.

Kimberly said...

Two little individual cows! Both totally cute!

Diana said...

They both have their own look, but I think they both look a lot alike too! Isaac really likes cows, and was a cow last year for Halloween. This year he wanted to be a chicken. He likes farm animals, I guess!

Amy said...

Similar smiles, different gorgeous eyes!

Rick & Amber said...

I'm glad you commented on our blog because now I have your blog address again. I don't see a whole lot of resemblance between Ivy and Calvin, maybe a small amount, but I think I'm gonna have to agree with you.

Elisabeth said...

There is a resemblance, but she definitely has her own look. She is so cute, she's my favorite baby right now. She's so smiley!

Joe and Joanne said...

They are definitely related, but I think their faces are different enough I'd say they're uniquely their own.