Thursday, December 4, 2008

Device Wanted: Internal Stabilization Unit

Said unit must be ingestable by a toddler under 3 (i.e. hidden in a donut), able to counteract such actions as but not limited to: a) running down the hall at top speed only to take a dive at the end into the corner of a door, b) falling backwards off a counter stool, c) being carried by an older sister and thrown ("accidentally") into a wooden pew head-first, d) slipping off the top of an eight foot ladder at the playground, and e) all four of the above within a 24-hour period.

Will pay a Finity of U.S. Dollars not to have another mug shot like this (not to mention the goose egg in the back of his head):

10 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry. I hate to admit it, but I am laughing so hard. I feel so bad for Calvin, but seriously Cami, he looks awful! I can't believe that happened in a 24 hour period. I'm totally turning you guys in. ha ha ha haha ha

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh my gosh Calvin my friend - take it easy! Ouch! What a little ball of energy. Sorry Cami, that must have been an uber-nightmarish day for you. Do you or Calvin need anything?

Tammy and Alvin said...

Surprising you made it through all that without stitches. Hope you weren't planning family Christmas pics anytime soon. :) I heard somewhere that rubbing a bar of soap on the site, will reduce bruising, but it probably has to happen right away and who carries soap to the park. Plus, you can't believe everything you hear. Maybe I should look for more details on google, the source of all truth, before passing this tip on to anyone else. :)
Tammy

Jill said...

I'm sorry to say that no device like this exsists. I searched and searched for one for the twins. Never came up with anything. But don't worry Cami, bumps and bruises heal, only leaving small scars that you only notice when you look really close.

Alicia said...

Calvin and Zach are more alike every single stinking day. I consider myself lucky if we make through the day without several bumps and bruises as well. Fortunately, although we have had many a head bonk, there have been no goose eggs or awful bruises as of yet. Knock on wood.

David said...

I would consider a helmet that covers both head and face to be worn at all times. We could make it of clear plastic (so he could see, of course).

What's a little bit interesting is that I had to document a small bruise that was on the face of one of our children at school today!

Birding is Fun! said...

Awesome! That is one picture for posterity.

byebyedays said...

Oh, poor little Cal~ Good thing he has donuts.

Unknown said...

On the bright side, the bumps and bruises seem to have pulled his hair down onto his head.

Poor kid. But bumps and bruises heal, it's the cuts you have to watch out for.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!! That is the hugest bump I've ever seen! I just love your desciption of things... thanks for making me laugh today! :)