Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Gracious Sea

We had Thanksgiving with Balls. We played games, watched movies, hiked by the ocean, and, of course, ate delicious food together. The ocean was in especially fine form on Thanksgiving day- cold, arctic wind juxtaposed with bright cheery sunshine.
The walk of death by the shore- middle top: 4 Aslan-ic sacrifices

The kids America ninja warrior-ed at an awesome wooden park. The next day we hiked around a partially frozen pond and were thoroughly entertained by throwing sticks and rocks onto and through the ice layer.

The sun shining through a humongo wave

This is where all the unicorns are. The wind was blowing opposite the waves, making really cool blowy effects.

Rainbows in the spray! Like Hawaii and Antarctica had a baby.

8 comments:

Jill said...

What an perfect way to spend that holiday. I'm jealous of your visit to the ocean.

Joe and Joanne said...

Gorgeous! Love the sea.

Kimberly said...

Beautiful!

byebyedays said...

WOW these photo's are stunning! You live in a gorgeous place... Are you loving it!? Glad your Thanksgiving was great. Your family is so cute, I love checking in on your blog Cami!

Chandra said...

I miss the ocean! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving

Marsha said...

Ahhh, I can smell the sea air now. I love the photo of the sun shining through the wave. Good capture.

Danielle said...

Raw power. So pretty, but you know it would be awful if you were out it in it. I think that's what makes it so gorgeous. I felt the sound and smell of the ocean for bit, thanks Cami. :)

Danielle said...

Raw power. So pretty, but you know it would be awful if you were out it in it. I think that's what makes it so gorgeous. I felt the sound and smell of the ocean for bit, thanks Cami. :)