Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanks, Sandy

Many peoples' lives were and are horribly affected by Hurricane Sandy. I, however, benefited greatly. Karen and her family came out to visit for the weekend, and instead of flying back home Tuesday, the storm forced them to fly out Friday. Three extra days of play! I've never had such an unlikely gift from a storm, and we'll treasure the memories (with all the families involved) we made that week forever.

Photo by Lance


9 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Wow - Love seeing all the photos and reading about all the adventures you're going on! I think Karen should visit more often! :)

Darcy said...

What a fun outing for a bunch of fun people!

Laura said...

Makes me kind of cry a little bit. I miss them!

ellen said...

I love that photo!

Karen said...

It was pretty much the best hurricane I've ever been in. I especially liked watching the 80 foot trees bend in half out your front window. I'm so glad we took so many photos. Now can I pretty please with cherries on top have copies of all of them?! Can you post another zip file on Dickeyfam?

We miss you guys like crazy. On the drive home from the airport, Eli asked if we could go back in five days. Thanks again for a lovely, lovely vacation!

Laura said...

I want copies, too. :)

Jill said...

I looks like you all had way, WAY to much fun! I'm all over that road trip to Maine. I've got to come do that sometime very soon!

Lynette said...

Not everyone would choose a hurricane for a vacation sight. I guess you just make the most of whatever blows your way! I love this picture.

byebyedays said...

Awesome- You really captured the magic of fall! What a cute fam you all are!!!