Monday, May 2, 2011

Something Fishy in the State of Colorado

We took a trip to the Denver aquarium. Naturally, we saw flash floods, rattlers, ducks, and some tigers. What else would you see at an aquarium? Perhaps you would expect more of this sort of thing:

I know, it's an awesome fish face. I took drama. Here are other pictures, some with actual fish and actual tigers:

Also, it was a very meta-fish experience, because on the day we visited, thousands of other people had the same idea and we learned first-hand what it is like to be in a school of fish. Mostly, it's claustrophobic.

But I did enjoy the other aspects, and particularly took a liking to the giant octopus. We ended the day at Cinzetti's restaurant, an Italian Fine Food Buffet with all the fine pasta, pizza, gelato, crepes, etc. one could eat. It's a good thing the next day was Fast Sunday.

There was a 60-70 minute wait to get into the restaurant, so Zack and I took Eli and Max to a pedestrian overpass above the freeway. Those boys were so excited to see all the people in the cars and trucks honking and waving at them. I'm glad they didn't notice the bloody footprint pattern that spanned the cement bridge, indicating a bloody pursuit/escape. A little disturbing.

The weekend was a blast. I had so much fun with everyone, but especially this gal:

We shared a room for much of our lives, and now that we live on different sides of the continent I miss her like crazy. It was so great to chat all weekend, watch the royal wedding together (Tivo'd), watch Obama's Osama announcement together, play with your dog and kids, eat second dinners, go for exercises, listen to Eli's robot noises, watch you eat cheesecake for dinner, and [the list goes on and on]. Thanks for welcoming me into your home and life for 4 days!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Fabulous weekend! Thanks so much for coming out. I'm glad we can agree that Prince Harry is our favorite...even though we're not sure why he brought a bunch of paperwork to the wedding. Thank you for eating second dinner with me, I've been craving french toast since I had Lucy and I'm very sorry that you spent two blustery hours walking/half-riding/running with a heavy, broken mountain bike. So glad you came!

Marsha said...

Drama really paid off Cami. I totally knew you were making a fish face. Looks like you had a good time with Karen.

David said...

I went to fish place with them also I think. Or was it the zoo place. I can't remember for sure. I do remember mixing up some epoxy and gluing the pedal to the bike so I could go around the lake. I told Zack it was only guaranteed for one trip around the lake. I guess he forgot to tell you. I agree that it is a great place to visit and the hospitality is top notch.

Kimberly said...

So glad you had a great time together. And that fish face may just become my wallpaper. I really do love it!

Lynette said...

How did I miss this post? I was just surfing along and up it came! I love the fish face. I spent lots of years laughing at all of your funny poses and cheering you on! I love that you and Karen spent the week end together. That makes me happy. I only wish Laura and I could have been there with you! Oh well, we have the pictures and don't have to work off all those calories!

Melanie said...

Sisters are the best.