Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mom, we miss you!


Guest Post by Peter, in the voice of Bryn, Calvin and Ivy.

Mom, we understand that you're having a blast in Colorado with Karen, Zack and the funky bunch, but Dad's driving us crazy. Thank goodness Aunt Laura had us over for dinner tonight and we didn't have to suffer through his cooking again. He made us eat Veggie-burgers, mom. Veggie-burgers!

And no matter how much he tries, he just can't do things the way you do. Like my (Bryn's) braids; they don't stay the way they do when you do them. Instead they're flying all over by the end of the day. And like how I (Calvin) know you would have given me enough sunscreen to keep me from getting a sunburned face. And how you're always kind and patient with me (Ivy) even when I blow out my diaper and make a mess of onesie, tights and everything. So, he tries and all, but he's no mom.

We have done some fun stuff while you were gone. Like on Friday we (Calvin and Ivy) got to go to the Discovery Museum, which was great. And we've been to the library like four times, and tons of playgrounds and stuff. And Laura and Tim took us to the zoo yesterday, which we loved! Plus there was the lake tonight, which was a lot of fun, what with the sun and the rocks and the water and the throwing rocks into the water...but still, we can't wait to see you again. So come back home, okay?

We had Dad take some pictures to show how much we love you and miss you and how tomorrow can't come soon enough. We'd ask Dad to put them in those fancy-shmancy frames that you do, but frankly we don't think he has a clue.


You can kind of see my sunburn here, mostly on my cheeks. I know you would have made me hold still and stop squirming long enough to get my whole face covered, but I guess Dad did his best.


Seriously mom, he's driving us CRAZY!


Look how cute we are; you know you can't wait to get back and see us, right?

7 comments:

ellen said...

I noticed that sunburned face today at church. :)

And you missed Calvin's awesome testimony.

Safe travels!

Jill said...

I like this post Peter. Very sweet actually.

A mom is a good thing to have around...but so is a dad.

Karen said...

All right. I guess you can have her back.

Thanks for sharing guys! She really is the best.

Marsha said...

I bet Cami took the first plane back after reading this. How could you resist those cute faces and heartfelt pleas?

Lynette said...

Oh, it is nice to be missed. Thanks for being a great dad, Peter, and thanks to all of you for a very touching (sniff, sniff)and delightful post! It's back to reality, Cami. No more disposing of murder evidence in the back yard!

Laura said...

Well, I and mine had a blast with the wee ones while Cami was gone. I was particularly pleased that Ivy would come within 10 feet of me!

But...

I'm glad you're back, Cami! I missed you, too.

Cami said...

I feel like I need to give an Oscar's acceptance speech where all I do is thank the people who made my trip possible. You know who you are. :)