Peter's company commandeered the MFA for their 60th anniversary Gala. We took advantage of the occasion to celebrate our own 11th anniversary. It was a fancy situation, complete with valet parking, servers walking around with ou d'oeuvres, truffled honey, colorful cheeses, delicious risotto, and cake bites on sticks. We had the entire museum to ourselves (besides a few hundred other engineers and significant others).
The MFA currently has a Chihuly exhibit (blown colored glass). LOVED it, except the reeds (the big purple things coming out of logs).
The other wings were nice, too, but we toured them near the end of the evening and my super high heels (1.5 inches!) were killing my feet, and so tainted my attitude toward the other art. I will be back with sneakers. And that handsome man of mine.

10 comments:
You guys look like bazillionaires. You looked gorgeous last night. And I'm so proud of you for wearing super-high heels instead of Tevas. Glad you got to try truffled honey - I must have some immediately!
That is a gala! Also funny that the Chihuly exhibit is on my list of thing to do come the first week in July - but I'm glad you posted those pictures because the ones I had seen were reminiscent of the Bellagio in Vegas. Congrats on 11 years, you make it look good.
Wow, you guys are hot stuff!!! Happiest of anniversaries to you both. I wouldn't mind celebrating 11 years with some truffled honey, colorful cheeses, cake bits on a stick and glass sculptures.
Cami, you would HATE my 2 1/2 inch heels. Not good for MFA visits.
Wow! You guys look gorgeous! And it sounds like an absolutely fantastic night. I'm with you on the sneakers - heels are the worst! Happy 11th Anniversary!
That blown glass is incredible. And you look SMOKIN'!!
Eleven years! Seriously, you two don't look like you have aged a bit. What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary. Hope you ignored the other hundreds of engineers.
What fun! King Charming and his Queen for the night! Don't forget all the peasants from your past!
Congrats on 11 years, and you guys looked great! What a fun way to celebrate, except for the heels, that is!
Oh wow - that looks like a great exhibit! I don't even mind the look of the purple sticks coming out of the larger sticks. But maybe I'd change my mind upon seeing it in person.
You two look fabulous! Love the "couples" picture!
Awwww, you guys look so fancy shmancy! I don't think I've ever seen you wear heels. Way to take one for the team!
Post a Comment