Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kicks from Calvin

Calvin was playing a computer game but Peter sent him off to get ready for bed. I took advantage of the vacated computer by opening a new tab to check my email. Calvin raced back in his pajamas and skidded to a stop with a look of extreme dismay when he saw me and NOT his game. The following conversation ensued:

Me: Don't worry Calvin, your game is still here [toggle to the other screen to show him]. I'll be just another minute.

Calvin: [through gritted teeth] That makes me really want to kick you.

Me: Well, if you do kick me, you won't get to use the computer at all tonight. And you'll have a big timeout.

Calvin: [after considering this] And maybe even a big FAT timeout if I kick you hard in the tummy [where he knows my incisions are healing] or something.

Me: Yeeeessssss.

Calvin: Hmmm. Then I better just wait patiently, huh.?.

Me: Good idea.

And he did.

The whole thing was Runaway Bunny-esque.

***


In other Calvin news, he often gets bored and asks for something to do. Yesterday, I gave him a blank piece of paper and told him to draw a picture of a toy he really wanted, stipulating that it could only be one toy. He drew this and labelled it (which tickled me pink):"A robot that can get me toys"
My favorite is "gyit" for get.

6 comments:

Jill said...

It's like wishing for more wishes when the genie pops out of the magic lamp. That boy is smart.

*Not kicking his mom is smart too.

Karen said...

Good use of discipline sir Calvin. When you find one of those robots, please inform us because I'm a thousand percent positive that Eli wants one too.

David said...

Let's market these robots and get rich and famous. I like the way Calvin has such strong emotions but can still analyze the situation and think through the consequences. I think he's very mature and smart and likes to play computer games!

Sherene said...

What a great drawing! I hope you're recovery quickly Cami!

Drewmeister said...

Your kids are such great spellers. I love reading the things they write. And so glad he decided to wait patiently.

Kimberly said...

That Calvin makes me laugh. He is such a smart boy.