Monday, January 25, 2010

Cabin Fever

To keep our sanity, sometimes we like to pretend it's summer, don our suits, and smile through the chattering convulsions:



And sometimes we just embrace Cabin Fever by constructing even smaller cabins inside our own. The (wooted) Foam Sweet Home was a Christmas present that arrived Friday. Having it in our tiny house sort of reminds me of those Russian nesting dolls.

The kids all love it. So far it's been used as a cat fortress, a restaurant, a secret lair (yes, they actually called it that- thank you Word Girl), and the world's largest teething toy.

And speaking of the littlest Miss, look what trick she pulled out of her footed jammies- the assisted stand.

8 comments:

Karen said...

I am a big fan of a good cat fortress. (???)

Jill said...

It may have reminded you of Russian nesting dolls, but sometimes it's worth having something take up all the space is that something entertains for long periods of time during the winter. So the question is...where do I get one of those??!!

Kimberly said...

Where, where, where did you get that? I so need a new little cabin for my boys. Way to go, Ivy!

Diana said...

Cool house! This is the time when winter gets really long! I love the windows in your house!!

David said...

Why is that baby standing up? When did she learn to do that? I really like that cabin. I want to know where to get one for when I want to escape!

Amy said...

The foam house is awesome! I wish I had one for myself-just to hide away in a corner. If only...

Cami said...

Jill and Kim- I got the playhouse from Kid's Woot.com. It's one of these deal-a-day websites, but sometimes they offer things more than once. I'll keep a watch on it to see if it goes up again.

Laura said...

It's a real good hut. And I taught Ivy how to stand up. And that swimming pool look awfully cold...