Saturday, November 7, 2009

Older and Wiser and Pinker

Bryn's umbilical cord was looped over her shoulder and became pinched in the birth process. She came out blue and with an apgar of 1 (they say that's not so good), and was whisked away by a team of doctors.

Six years later she seems to have turned out okay.
Snappy wardrobe furnished by her benevolent Aunt Laura

Isn't this a fabulous cake? This beautiful sculpture of fondant and buttercream with a cardamom cake interior was crafted by a friend in the ward, M, and generously donated to the birthday cause.

Bryn went berserk over it. After oohing and awwing over it, her first question was, "Mom, where did you get this cake?!?" She knows the boundaries of my talent could never include this. Perhaps some of you remember my alien skull cake from my teen years? Another post...

Happy birthday Bryn.

18 comments:

rebecca said...

Such a sweet girl....and LUCKY. I've never seen such a gorgeous b.day cake. Happy wishes!

Laura said...

Happy birthday Sister Susan - I love you to Saturn and back and around the world 90,000 times! Thanks for inviting me to your birthday party! And Cami, I totally know you have it in you to make that cake.

The Greg Jones Family Blog said...

Three very handsome children

-- Grandpa Greg

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bryn! I bet the cake tastes as good as it looks!

Karen said...

Dear Bryn,

You are absolutely beautiful. I can't believe you are already six years old! Happy, happy birthday!! I'm so glad you're my niece! I hope you have a fabulous year. See you in a few weeks!

Love you lots,

Aunt Karen

Jill said...

Happy birthday Miss Bryn! I just wish we could have been there to celebrate and see that cake in person. That is a perfect birthday cake for a perfect girl. We love you Bryn.

ellen said...

Happy Birthday, Bryn!

Corinne said...

Jennah wishes Bryn a Happy Birthday! We need to get the girls togeather soon. They are growing up too fast.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drewmeister said...

Happy Birthday Bryn!

s. said...

Happy Birthday Bryn! I hope you had a great day!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bryn! You are pretty cool! Wanna hang out with Little J sometime so you can rub off some of your coolness?

Joe and Joanne said...

Six already?! Such a big girl! Happy Birthday!

I love Aunt Laura's waredrobe choice and Miss B's hair is getting so long!

David said...

Oh Bryn, we're so happy you came! And your mom turned out to be a pretty special mom, all things considered (like the first month). She's smart enough to have a friend who does lovely cakes. That's talent! You both impress me every day! Happy birthday.

SLP said...

Happy Birthday SUPERSTAR!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Bryn! The cake is amazing and your dress is so cute.

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you took "M" up on the offer of taking the cake. It seemed to be perfect!
Happy Birthday Bryn! You look super cute in your birthday dress!

Jill said...

Just in case you don't check the comments on Laura's blog, I just have to tell you that I LOVED your entry and companion photo! You make me laugh so hard. Can I just say thank you.