Monday, November 16, 2009

Allelujah


Our ward choir was privileged to sing at the Boston Trinity Church with the Trinity Choir schola last night for their (Anglican) Holy Eucharist service. The Trinity choir came to sing in our Sacrament meeting a little while back, and wanted to reciprocate the invitation. Their cantor (a nine year-old boy) is the son of our former Bishop.

What a wonderful way to connect with the community. I was inspired as I observed the devotion and sincerity of their congregation. The sermon was about putting down our proverbial rocks even when we are tempted to hold onto someone else's mistakes. The metaphor was taken from the story of Jesus and the woman taken in adultery who is about to be stoned when Jesus says, "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

And oh, that organ! And that building! It was a beautiful evening.

*pictures from the wikipedia article

7 comments:

Jill said...

Very beautiful. What a fun thing to get to do. I love the mixing of religions. So inspiring!

rebecca said...

What a neat experience!

Joe and Joanne said...

That is a beautiful building. I will always remember singing there for Stake Conference.

What works did you sing?

Karen said...

Very cool. I love the stain glass. There's just not that much of that out here. In fact, there are virtually zero old, inspiring buildings within twenty miles of my house.

Laura said...

After some very serious consideration, I have decided that their church is prettier than the Millville red brick church.

From a Mother's Heart said...

That is completely amazing.... what a wonderful experience.

Cami said...

Joanne- We sang Come Thou Fount for prelude, Time of Thanksgiving (arrangement by Reid Nibley), and God so Loved the World. We also sang a few Anglican arrangements from their hymnals.