Peter came home from work a couple of days ago and told me he had been in a bike accident on his way home, and had severely bruised his tailbone and his leg. As the details of the accident emerged, it became clear that biking is not a safe form of transportation in our neighborhood.
As he was finishing his commute and pedaling up our driveway, he left the bike in high gear and slowly but surely lost speed until the bike came to a stop (on a hill). Then, slowly but surely, the bike began tipping to the left. So he pulled his right foot out to catch himself. Whoops! Down came the bike and down came the Peter and now there are two ugly bruises and a dent in my raspberry canes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Are you guys ok? Is Peter adjusting well. Traumatic experiences like these have a way of debilitating people for years. Please give us a call if there is anything we can do to help. You guys are in our prayers.
P.S. It's probably best that the kids don't find out about this until they are older.
We have all been there and done that. Just not on your raspberry plants. Does Pete want to borrow a pillow?
Ouch. Is it more or less painful than when he bruised his tailbone when he fell out of his bunk bed as a kid? Warm wishes for a speedy recovery.
Does Peter need a casserole?
As someone in Peter's age range, and also as someone who slipped down the stairs this morning and bruised her tailbone, I will not mock but will in sympathy say, I hope he's okay.
I love all these comments so much. And I totally, 100% sympathize with Peter - have done that more times than I can count. It's just hard sometimes to do the most logical thing when your bike is falling, even though it seems to happen in slow motion.
Just to be clear: my comment to Cami about 'getting in an accident on the way home' was just to make her laugh, I got my right foot out while I was still unsure of which way the bike would tip, my bruises are quite impressive but poorly located for documentation on the blog, and yes, Ellen, I would love a casserole.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that - hope Peter heals up soon!
I have done this. Twice. In front of the same neighbor's house.
Ha Ha. Peter bruised his bum. You're a bruise bum Peter. A bruise bum.
Gee. Being a little brother is still fun.
Blogger needs to get with the "Like" program. I want to like Mike's comment.
Now that sounds like something I would totally do! I'm pretty sure know that is not helpful to Peter.
Post a Comment