My friend and I took a passel (=7 in this case) of kids snowshoeing in Waltham at the Gore mansion. We only made it about 100 yards away from the mansion in more than an hour, but counted it a success. They even made it through the scavenger hunt provided with the snowshoes.
Along the way we created many snow[wo]men, and talented Rachael even made a snow fox. After discovering that Ivy-in-snowshoes has all the grace of a giraffe on rollerskates, I was grateful I had also brought the pull-along-sled.
After snowshoeing, we took our sleds to the hill in back of the mansion. Bryn decided it was fun to ambush sledders midway down the hill with snowballs. We ended the cold and soggy adventure with lukewarm cocoa under (and in) a beach tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment