
Calvin, not surprisingly, had an assignment to write about something he did for February break. As I picked him up from school the following Monday, his teacher told me he had a very exciting response. I wondered what he wrote/drew about...
Was it Monday: the pirate themed birthday party he attended or the basketball/pizza night with 3 other families?

Was it Tuesday: the picnic at the playground, in which it was [barely] warm enough to eat outside and bring our bikes? Or the puppet show at the library during which he was the only kid hugged by a marionette?
Was it Wednesday: the trip to Castle Island to play at the playground and fly the dragon kite with some friends, and then the stop at Flour bakery on the way home?
Was it Thursday: a trip to the pool with Laura and Squiggles followed by hamburgers and fries?
Was it Friday: ice skating for his very first time and getting the hang of it quite quickly?

No, he wrote about none of those things. Even though we had a great week and tucked happy and wiped-out kids into bed every night, Calvin chose to write about... Sunday: a game of Star Wars Monopoly, in which he won against Bryn and Peter. It was a big deal.
8 comments:
All I know is that if I ever play a game with Peter and I win...it's a really big day.
All right. That's completely hypothetical because it's never actually happened. The winning part.
But it would be a really big day...
I think he chose correctly. He can hold that win over Peter and Bryn's head for life.
What's February break? Never heard of it.
That sounds like an amazing break, but I agree the monopoly win is a big deal. Winning is all that matters!
Ha ha ha - I'm jealous of his entire break, but I agree with Karen's comment. I love that picture of him at Pete - that's a keeper.
Congrats on your big win Calvin. May there be many, many, many more wins in your future.
That's the most exciting February break I've ever heard of! Wow! And I understand his choice of things to write about. I want a February break!
That's the most exciting February break I've ever heard of! Wow! And I understand his choice of things to write about. I want a February break!
Dear Mother of the Year,
How much can I pay you to entertain my children during April Vacation?!
Dear Mr. Monopoly,
Please come over and play Monopoly with Conor. It's not my favorite game because it just goes on and on and on and on. He would love to try the Star Wars version with you.
Love,
jenifer
Post a Comment