Wow, poor Nellie Bang Washer. I like all her different hairstyles, but it's too bad she had to get shot. I'm glad she brought it all out and decided to become a ghost. I like to think she helps young people decide how to do their hair, and maybe also helps kids stay out of trouble.
Bryn has done it again! She will be on the NY Times Bestseller List before she's 20. She can write a story for any genre! I'm wondering though, can ghosts change hairstyles? I hope so! I think Nellie Bang Washer would like that, too.
Hilarious. I love her creativity. Can we borrow her for a week or 2? I would love having day-to-day conversations with Bryn!!
The clever title is what I think I liked the most --- Nellie Bang Washer. "Bang" --- foreshadowing of "bangs" including Nellie's hairstyles. And the "Bang" that killed poor Nellie. Genius.
"I snuck some goldfish for my asthma-tizer before lunch." -Calvin 9/1/10
"I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up- I'm going to be like Albert Einstein. Except I'm going to investigate with balloons." -Bryn 1/12/11
[Proudly] "I'm obnoxious!!!" [pauses a few seconds] "That means both my arms and both my legs are equally strong. " -Bryn 3/23/11
[After the first loud thunder clap of the day] "Huh? Oh no no no! A Dinasaur a-coming!" -Ivy 6/9/11
"Just, whatever you do, if someone calls you carrots, DO NOT break a slate over their head." -Bryn's advice to Calvin on his first day of kindergarten 8/30/11
"Uncle Lance is a bigger pile of nuts than Dad."
-Calvin 12/28/11
[As Bryn and Calvin were doodling numbers on the whiteboard] "Calvin!!! Don't draw a clown face on my eight. You'll ruin it's dignity."
-Bryn 5/4/12
"You'll find that sometimes even serious people have a little bit of laugh in them."
-Calvin 9/9/12
"Atoms are made of neutrons, electrons, and pecans."
-Calvin 2/9/13
"You would need safety gloves to move the sun. And a ladder"
9 comments:
Wow, poor Nellie Bang Washer. I like all her different hairstyles, but it's too bad she had to get shot. I'm glad she brought it all out and decided to become a ghost. I like to think she helps young people decide how to do their hair, and maybe also helps kids stay out of trouble.
What a tragedy. I'm glad she is still ghost for pretends, though.
My favorite is when she is 24 and she gets a haircut. She also got some super sweet glasses.
Bryn has done it again! She will be on the NY Times Bestseller List before she's 20. She can write a story for any genre! I'm wondering though, can ghosts change hairstyles? I hope so! I think Nellie Bang Washer would like that, too.
Sometimes I just don't have words for the products of Bryn's imagination. This would be one of those times.
I gotta say...I didn't see that gun coming. It was a very unexpected twist in a story about hair styles.
Bryn, you've done it again. What a great story!
I'm pretty sure the Nellie Bang Washer has haunted my bedroom before. She was a ghost with a very cool hairstyle.
Happy 500th post Cami! That's something to celebrate.
Bryn is such an imaginative writer!
Poor Nellie Bang had a tragic end for such a beautiful person! I'm glad she was able to live again as a ghost.
Hilarious. I love her creativity. Can we borrow her for a week or 2? I would love having day-to-day conversations with Bryn!!
The clever title is what I think I liked the most --- Nellie Bang Washer. "Bang" --- foreshadowing of "bangs" including Nellie's hairstyles. And the "Bang" that killed poor Nellie. Genius.
Wow, such violence and depth...she gets it from Peter.
Randy
Post a Comment