Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Endearment


Last week, as Peter was tucking the children in to bed, he asked them if they wanted kisses. As usual, Bryn did and Calvin did not. Peter explained that it would be the last time they would get Daddy kisses for a while, since he was leaving, and Calvin allowed a kiss.

A few minutes later Peter noticed him quietly crying about said absence. Calvin decided that Peter needed to draw a picture of the two of them together so he (Calvin) could remember him (Peter). Knowing Peter's artistic "skills," that Peter was short on time due to preparations for the trip, I suggested that perhaps I could take a photo of the two of them. Calvin lit up and said, "Oh yah, that would be even better!"

So we had a photo shoot. I got one shot off before Ivy decided her star had risen and stealthily popped in the next photo with her blue steel on. Luckily, the first one was a keeper, and Calvin asked me to print it out with promises that he would "not scribble all over Daddy's face."


*I just noticed that even in the first picture I took, the top of Ivy's head is skimming the bottom of the photo. What a crafty little stage hog.

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Those photographs are adorable. Will Peter be gone for long?

Jill said...

I love a camera hog.

I also love that Calvin promised not to scribble all over Peter's face. That was very decent of Cal.

ellen said...

I love that top photo!

David said...

I quite enjoyed the scribbled-through words!

Kimberly said...

What a cute picture! I miss Calvin already. When are you coming back?

Karen said...

So tender.

I love Ivy.

Have I mentioned that to you lately?