Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day- sports edition

We dragged almost every piece of sports equipment we own to our local park this fine sunny-yet-temperate day. We played baseball, frisbee, soccer and basketball all morning.

On top of that, the playground equipment distracted our kids enough that Peter and I got in a game of Horse and 2 rounds of catch on our own. Who needs a backyard full of grass?



6 comments:

David said...

DADickey: I believe I have played at that park before. It is a fun place to mellow out and get some exercise. I hope the children did not climb on top of the monkey bars like I taught them to do. If they did I hope they did it safely like I taught them to do.

Kimberly said...

What a fun day! Hasn't the cooler weather been heaven? We've been enjoying alot of outdoor activities, too, thanks to less humidity and a breath of fall!

Karen said...

Looks awesome. Much better than driving across Wyoming...

Erin said...

Looks like an awesome day. I especially love how catching a ball requires that one's tongue be stuck out. I'll have to try that....

Joe and Joanne said...

Whoo hoo! Very fun! I love the pictures (as usual). It was a lovely day outside - perfect for being outdoors.

Yes, back yards are overrated when there are such great parks. ;)

Oh, I was riding along the minuteman trail again the other day and thought of you. I'm not sure which intersection leads your direction, but you were on the mind!

BunchesofBradys said...

And, let me guess, you were going to call the Brady's to come enjoy the beautiful day but then remembered they moved away right? We wish we could've played too.