Monday, June 7, 2010

Lovie


Some kids become attached to a blanket (i.e. Calvin). Some to stuffed animals (i.e. Bryn). Ivy has formed an attachment to a book. It's been going on for about two weeks now, with no sign of abatement.

She moves from room to room with her beloved book, plopping herself down to thumb through the pages every so often. Even as I type, she's sitting in the front room leafing through the contents.

If you try to take it from her, she will scream like you're ripping her ear off. And of course, her taste in literature is quite sophisticated.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Just when I thought she couldn't get any cooler...

I'm very pleased, Ivy. Very pleased.

Drewmeister said...

Go Ivy--I love books too.

Erin said...

Wow, Cami. I'm completely impressed. Not only is Ivy adorable, she's also very well-read. I'm a little ashamed to say I never actually made it through that book...despite the assignment and papers.

The Greg Jones Family Blog said...

It looks like she has found the Way.
--
Grandpa Jones

Karen said...

I am not surprised even a little bit. And I also love her dress. So much.

Kimberly said...

I don't know how this is possible, but she just keeps getting cuter and cuter. And smarter and smarter. The apples don't fall far from the tree up there in your orchard, do they?

Jill said...

I love the fact that it's not even a picture book. I was expecting something like Go, Dog Go or something like that.

When Jonathan was that age he would carry around anything that was green. His favorite was a tiny green book about fairies. Sadly, he took it in the bathtub with him and that was the end of that.

Joe and Joanne said...

I knew she was one smart cookie, but wow! :)

And, that outfit - I wish I'd look as cute in something like that as she does. ADORABLE!