Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rules of the Ool

We took the kids to the base pool again today. We talked about three simple ground rules in the car on the way over:

1. Don't go in the pool without a grownup.
2. Don't go in the pool without a grownup.
3. Don't drown.

Bryn and Calvin both violated the first two rules, and Ivy repeatedly tried to violate the third rule by ducking her head into the water while I wasn't looking (yes, I was holding her on my hip the entire time). Each time she bent back up sputtering and giggling. So much for the rules.

I think a rule we'll tack on for next time is "Don't drink the pool water." When Ivy wasn't sipping directly from the giant cup we were swimming in, she was constantly slapping her hand in the pool and then slurping off all the delicious chemically treated water from her fist (which she's doing in one of the pictures below).

8 comments:

Karen said...

Calvin's goggles are the coolest things I have ever seen.

Diana said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun! Our kids seem to think it's drinkable water as well, which is so gross! We'd probably go swimming more often if we weren't worried about them coming home sick from something!

Camille said...

love calvin's goggles

Jill said...

Pool pictures always turn out. That one of Ivy is precious.

Mike took the kids to the pool awhile back (minus me because I have sworn off public pools) and we heard about nothing else for days. The kids had a blast. I will use a pool trip to bribe them into all sorts of things in the future, provided Mike is willing to take them and not me!

Laura said...

Don't worry - nobody ever spits, pees, poops, or vomits in public pools. It's perfectly safe to drink.

Amy said...

Funny post! It isn't fun being the keeper of the rules, is it?

David said...

Having swum in all sorts of canals, rivers, ools, etc. I can tell you on good authority that all of those things in pools build immunity and character!

Joe and Joanne said...

:) Looks like a LOT of fun despite the slurping of the water and breaking of the rules.