Friday, August 28, 2009

Trepidatious Consternation


What could be causing such vexation in this normally sweet and complacent baby? Is it the hurricane forcasted to hit the East Coast and ruin this weekend? Is it the massive garbage patch in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that's twice the size of Texas?
Nope, it's just this kid watching over her. Oh how he loves him some baby. He likes to shriek at her while making lots of jumping and slapping noises. He likes to contort her limbs at unnatural angles and call it Pattycake. He especially loves to shove his smelly feet near her face and/or in her mouth. It's so delightful to see them interacting.

And now you can start to understand why this is the look I get when I leave her in her chair in the kitchen and ask Calvin to keep an eye on her:

12 comments:

ellen said...

Hang in there Ivy. Calvin will be introducing you to his high school buddies in a few years and then you'll be happy you have an older brother!

Jill said...

Ivy is just the victim of the well known theory of "family pecking order." She just needs to wait it out because soon she may be bigger than him. Then it's payback time!

Love the expressions on Ivy's face!

Laura said...

You have GOT to be kidding, Mom!

Karen said...

I know that look well.

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh Cami, LOVE the pictures (sorry to see I having such a hard time, but LOVE the pictures).

As for C: Well...he's perfectly within his legal rights as "big brother" for all his activities. (And I will be perfectly within her legals rights as "little sister" when she's old enough to get him back). :)

byebyedays said...

Way to capture the moment there... You need to make a card out of that picture!

David said...

Just wait until she gets teeth and can sink them into Mr. C's toes! Ah, childhood! How did we ever survive?
Have faith, Laura. They're bonding.

David said...

I'm just laughing at how expressive Ivy is. It would appear she can pull faces equal to her mother!

Carrie said...

Way to go Ivy. You're starting the death look so early. This practice will help you become a happy wife someday. All husbands know that a death look is all you need to get your way.

Drewmeister said...

Ivy makes the best faces!

Diana said...

Those are such cute pictures! What is it with kids and their feet?! Eden likes to stick her feet in everybody's face as well, and now Isaac and EmmaLee are following suit! Maybe their noses are totally developed until the age of 7 or something so they don't really understand why it's not just funny?!

Chandra said...

I can't believe how much I can see Bryn and Calvin in her face!!
Yay for Bryn!!! I hope she loves it. (and yay for a little slower pace at home) :-)