Cami's Oatmeal Raspberry Muffins
1 1/3 c. flour
1/3-1/2 c. sugar (depending on how sweet you like them- I used ~5/12 c.)
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3/4 c. oatmeal
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 c. oil
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. fresh raspberries (I'm sure frozen would work just as well)
2 T. sanding sugar (large granules of white sugar found at specialty bake shops)
2 pint-sized helpers (optional- you're welcome to borrow mine)
Preheat oven to 400, and prepare muffin tins. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, mix wet in another, add the wet to the dry and stir until slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the raspberries. Fill muffin tins (about 12). Sprinkle the batter tops with sanding sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
These are delicious warm, and I'm sure they'd be good cold, too, but I wouldn't know because we ate them all before we could find out.
9 comments:
Holy Cow! These look amazing. I'm really into making muffins these days. I'm also really into raspberries so these are perfect. I'll let you know how mine turn out. Thanks for the recipe Cami.
Cami, those sound so good! I will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!
Oooh. Can't wait to try this. We are big time muffin fans over here so this is sure to be a hit.
Have you done any good in the world today? Have you helped any one (cough... Laura... cough) in need? Have you cheered up the sad (hungry) and made someone feel glad (full)? If not, you have failed indeed.
yummmmy! I love raspberries and muffins and oatmeal and all of them together! Even better!!!!
Goin' to buy me some raspberries! Thanks for the recipe!
We are constantly getting raspberries from Jon's dad's garden... This will be great! They are so pretty, I love the sugar on top. Thanks Cami! YUMM-O!
Now what tricks do you have for zucchini?
Funny those look a lot like the strawberry muffins I made Jennah the other morning with our "ripe" strawberries. I still have the same bag of sanding sugar I ordered from Sister Johnston ages ago. I think I will try it with the rasberries (the strawbery was yummy too)
Post a Comment