A couple of days ago our brake light came back on. As a side note, this is the light that goes on when your emergency brake is on, but our emergency brake wasn't on, in which case it is an indicator that your brakes need to be checked out (I didn't know this at first, so I thought I'd pass along the info). So I went back to Sears Auto Center(the brakes were under warranty from the last repair). I told them I'd be at the mall across the way, so they should call my cell as soon as it was ready.
We waited for 4.5 hours at the mall for them to fix the car. This may not sound like a long time, but believe me, with 2 kids it's an eternity. You can only go to the Disney Store and throw pennies at the crocodile so many times. To help pass the time, we looked at the sweet jewelry in the Sears. Bryn wanted me to get a big gaudy ring, and kept showing me different models. Calvin started getting in on the action, too, and eventually I had to gather all the strewn rings, throw them near the display and whisk the children away before they could pick out more. So we went back to the Disney store
Eventually I called the auto center and asked how the car was doing. The attendant said, "says here it's ready." I didn't even want to know how long it had been ready. We left the mall in a flurry, collected our car, and went home.
Besides a headache, I had also purchased some gym shorts for Peter at Sears. When I took them out of the bag to give them to him, the bag still felt heavy. I looked in the bottom, and found a hot (as in stolen) piece of bling. I'm pretty sure it was Calvin who slipped it in there, so I don't have to teach any moral lessons to Bryn.


We waited for 4.5 hours at the mall for them to fix the car. This may not sound like a long time, but believe me, with 2 kids it's an eternity. You can only go to the Disney Store and throw pennies at the crocodile so many times. To help pass the time, we looked at the sweet jewelry in the Sears. Bryn wanted me to get a big gaudy ring, and kept showing me different models. Calvin started getting in on the action, too, and eventually I had to gather all the strewn rings, throw them near the display and whisk the children away before they could pick out more. So we went back to the Disney store
Eventually I called the auto center and asked how the car was doing. The attendant said, "says here it's ready." I didn't even want to know how long it had been ready. We left the mall in a flurry, collected our car, and went home.
Besides a headache, I had also purchased some gym shorts for Peter at Sears. When I took them out of the bag to give them to him, the bag still felt heavy. I looked in the bottom, and found a hot (as in stolen) piece of bling. I'm pretty sure it was Calvin who slipped it in there, so I don't have to teach any moral lessons to Bryn.
But I do have to go back to Sears. *sigh*
9 comments:
Wow! Calvin has some very, um, fancy taste!
That story is a classic! Love it.
Nice ring! I am sorry that you had to spend 4 hours at the mall!
Wow... I'm surprised they haven't come looking for you yet. That rock looks like it's worth tons.
It was Bryn. She found it in my bedroom and ran out with it saying, "Do you like the ring I bought for you? Now you'll look so beautiful!"
We had a nice talk this evening about the process of purchasing. At least the act was selfless and she turned criminal Jean Valjean style.
LOL...Cami, I can't spend 4 hours at the mall with just me, myself, and I. I loath the place. How you did it with two small kids, and came out of the experience alive I'll never know.
Bryn has good taste. Do I read that right? The ring costs $14.99? Good grief! Now that Bryn knows about purchasing, I can teach her about bargaining next time I'm over. :)
What a good boy wanting his mom to have something really.....fancy?
I just read your comment so let me correct mine...your beautiful daughter wanted something nice for you. What sweet intentions
Post a Comment