Monday, April 8, 2013

The Three-Headed Snake and the Art Show

Calvin's art was selected from his class to be in a district-wide art show. We weren't sure which of his many art pieces had been selected, so it was fun to race around to all the pictures trying to find his. But it wasn't a picture at all- it was a three headed snake sculpture.

Calvin was pleased as punch to see his art on display, but quickly snatched it up and gave it a guided tour of all the other art pieces. Meanwhile, Bryn and I talked about how not being selected doesn't mean your art isn't wonderful (hers is definitely wonderful).


10 comments:

Jill said...

That is some fantastic art and Calvin's sculpture deserves to be there. I have enjoyed so much of Bryn's art over the years too. I would frame her stuff any day!

ellen said...

That last photo is priceless!

Joe and Joanne said...

I was just thinking similar things as Jill - I've seen some of Bryn's works and love all of them!

I'm impressed with that 3-headed snake! Great sculpting Mr. Calvin!

Laura said...

Excellent work, Calvin. You have at least two very artistic children!!!

Laura said...

Excellent work, Calvin. Cami, you have at least two very artistic children!!!

Chandra said...

I love that last photo. I also love 3 headed snakes :)

David said...

Good job Calvin. We budding artists should put on an art show while you are Utah. However, I would be shy about putting my art work next to yours as I am definitly and inferior artist.

David said...

Good job Calvin. We budding artists should put on an art show while you are Utah. However, I would be shy about putting my art work next to yours as I am definitly and inferior artist.

Kimberly said...

Talent abounds in the Jones household! Great job, Calvin!

Amy said...

Go Calvin! I can see why it was chosen - it's creative, colorful, and even a bit realistic-looking (at least what I imagine a three-headed snake would look like in real life).