We flew into Colorado and stayed with Karen and Zack to begin our summer vacation.
Highlights:
- Biking around the reservoir with Karen and the pedal did not fall off this time. Also we saw a flock of geese, a snake, a bunny, and a bunch of cool birds.
- Hiking Bald Mountain in Boulder, CO. It was 2.2 miles and the kids all did mostly great. Calvin kept building cairns. Bryn sliced her toe open at the top so I tore up a diaper and made a makeshift band-aid. Ivy hiked the entire way up the mountain (a first for her).
- Swimming at the pool and watching Bryn and Calvin discover the joys of a water slide.
- Hanging out with dirty hippies in Boulder. Oh wait, that was us. The kids enjoyed a magic show and have been pulling quarters out of everyone's ear since.
- Spending time with the coolest younger sister ever and her awesome family.



11 comments:
Yeah, you're closer to Utah now. Can't wait to see all of you.
When we went to Southern Utah with the boys all the wanted to do was build carins, so they will do great with Calvin.
No better place to be a dirty hippie. Congrats!
If you have time we'd love to hang out with some dirty hippies
J is for Jealous. I want a sister!
Zack photo bombed. Looks like a fun trip so far.
Most fun ever. Come back already!!
I always enjoy when my children get together and have a good time!
Love the photos (as usual)! Looks like a great start to the summer! Poor Bryn though. I hope the wound heals up soon; and very inventive quick-to-the-rescue thinking Cami!
So if your summer vacation would like to make a pit stop at my house I would love it. Or at a lunch that included me and you, or even a quick little "hey, how are ya?" I'm glad you get to see family!
Darcy- we would love that! Do you have my email (CamiJones at gmail dot com)? I don't seem to have yours. Shoot me a message or leave me another comment and we'll work something out.
Love the photos - especially the family (you, Peter & the kiddos). Looks like great summer fun!
Post a Comment