Sunday, February 5, 2012

Squirrelfeeder


Calvin made this bird-feeder in kindergarten. He was adamant that we save it for the birds by scaring all the squirrels away, until he actually saw a squirrel eyeing it with sad hungry eyes. And so the squirrel ban was lifted and the squirrels in the land rejoiced.

Here's a video. It's not super entertaining, but my kids like to watch it.

6 comments:

Lance M. Dickey said...

I like the squirrel. He looks tasty

Joe and Joanne said...

Not entertaining? Ae you kidding? LOL! That's totally entertaining! I love it!

Nice bird-feeder Calvin! That's creative.

Kimberly said...

On the contrary, that video was highly entertaining - and I don't have a kid anywhere near me watching it. Feed all the squirrels you can. I so miss those furry critters in my backyard! Really.

David said...

I love squirrels also. I love the way they fill up my irrigation pipes with pine cones in the summer. I love the way they chatter incessantly when you are trying to take a nap. I love the way they stop pellets just before they hit something else like the neighbors windows. Yep, squirrels are my favorite rodent.

Lynette said...

Great job, Calvin! I like squirrels. My dad used to tell us a bedtime story about a cute little squirrel named Chatter. Or maybe he was a monkey. Well, it was a great story and I loved it.

Jill said...

My grandma Winnie used to get so mad when the squirrels would eat her bird seed. There was one rather fat squirrel that she particularly hated. That fat squirrels was the only creature I ever heard my grandma say mean things about. She loved her birds!