



These photos courtesy of the talented Ellen Patton. A few tidbits from the annual ward campout:
Ivy loved the handcarts and cried when anyone disappeared with one over the horizon. She also was "that baby" who cried too much during the dark hours and kept other campers awake. We tried everything to get her to go to sleep (rocking, walking, ipod movies, drugs), and finally around 4:30am she knocked off. And this coming from my best sleeper! What a crock. Good thing she's cute...
Calvin loved the space to run and being in the outdoors 24/7. He delighted in the seemingly unlimited supply of s'mores materials left unattended, and the kindness of "nice girls" like Sister Patton who gave him cookies and directions and such. He loved the mini back door escape hatch to our tent.
Bryn hit the ground running and spent her time racing from site to site visiting and rounding up friends. Over at the pond, she commandeered the canoe and taught herself how to paddle, and soon enough was zooming all over the pond, picking up swimming stragglers as she went. Our kids begged us to go to bed both nights from sheer exhaustion.
I enjoyed the company of friends, the soccer games, the Frisbee tosses, the lawn bowling, the fires, the testimony meeting on Sunday morning, the communal meals, the play put on by the kids, and the hammock. Peter took a hike with a couple of our kids and the Johnstons. We had a particularly fun evening where everyone sat around a humongous fire and shared stories of love, campouts past, and practical jokes.
10 comments:
That's a perfect re-cap! It was one of the best campouts EVER!
Man, you guys really know how to have a Ward Camp Out! One of the perks of living outside of Utah. Our's are SO lame! Anyway, looks like everyone had a fabulous time. (With the exception of the one night with Ivy)
I'm glad you had fun!
(And I'm jealous reading about it on everyone's blogs.)
Oh, that looks like so much fun! I hope we can join you one of these years!
Did you break any fingers? It looks absolutly delightful! Peter, it's good you are back!
We also want to join you one of these years!
Looks fun (sniff). If only I had (sniff) been (sniff) invited.
Oh quit it Laura! I gave you oodles and oodles of hours' notice.
We don't even get a ward camp out and we live in Colorado! You guys don't even have real mountains. What a rip.
It looks delightful, though, and I'm glad you guys got to go.
I miss Boston!
Looks like the weather couldn't have better.
Did Ivy really cry until 4:30 am? That is insane! I hope you still have friends in the ward after that.
Post a Comment