Here are my fearless oldest brothers Darin and Mike? (or perhaps John H) taking it for a voyage on the treacherous streets of Millville.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Sail Trike- She was yar
My dad built this large trike and used the sail from our sailboat to power and steer it. We had lots of good fun that was funny on this thing. I think I also snagged a few limbs in the mechanisms when we tried to put 5+ kids on at a time.
Here are my fearless oldest brothers Darin and Mike? (or perhaps John H) taking it for a voyage on the treacherous streets of Millville.
Here are my fearless oldest brothers Darin and Mike? (or perhaps John H) taking it for a voyage on the treacherous streets of Millville.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm loving these explorations of yester-year. Fun times!
I miss the good ole days, when we would pack on all the Dickeys and most of the Howells on the bike and sail up and down the South Fields road. Of course, Darin or Michael had to drive since I was too short to reach the pedals.
Oh my heck~ do you remember our 3 man bike that my dad built??? That thing was so cool, and we always made it into more than just a 3 man too...It looks very similar to ours, but without the sail.:)
I love this picture! Where did you get it? I must have a copy!
I wish I could have experienced the sail-trike for myself. Once I had a dream that I was riding on it. Mike has such happy memories of that thing.
Millville....Do you have pictures of playing in irrigation ditches too?
I ran over three people on that thing.
Post a Comment